Sunday, July 22, 2012

No Sushi, No Paella, No Lunch

Okay so maybe this day wasn't as much of a success as I had hoped for...
I did get myself 4 shirts from JC which I love, because all of them are just so comfy and kind of smexy. But, and I write this in bold because its a big but, the cooking class was a disappointment.
First of all, it was not supposed to be a Spanish Food Cooking class, it was supposed to be a Sushi Making Class. That went to the bottom of the sea as mom got an e-mail yesterday saying the Sushi chef was sick. I got real disappointed, but as compensation the company offered a Spanish cooking class the same time and day, and then a Sushi class in August. So, mom and I went up early, dragged our way to Kista Mall to buy clothes and shoes for me, and chocolate and baseball bats for the kids at Johanna's school in India. Then, we parked like 1km away from the place where the cooking class was and had to run to make it to 1 o'clock.
It was just that the teacher didn't arrive until fifteen minutes later. Yay.
And so, as we finally picked our fat, lazy asses up from the stone staircase where we parked our tired bodies while waiting and walked the most tiring stairs ever, I just had time to go to the bathroom and sit down in the office (yes there were no oven's nor sinks or cutting board's) before the teacher announced the class canceled. Apparently she hadn't gotten the money, so she hadn't been able to buy the food for the class. Well, that was just perfect.
With nothing else to do, mom and I took a stroll down to T-Jarlen, a very cheap and pretty nice little store near a subway station, and bought 3 books for 30Kr, a liter smoothie for me to eat as lunch, and a pack of mini carrots to substitute mom's lunch.
Then, we took the car (we have a cute Toyota Prius in wine red) and drove to Martin Olsson, a store where stores shop if that makes sense. To say it simply, you know when you are in the store and you see big packs of everything, or just when you are in any regular American store and your like: "If I by this it will last a year!"?
Yeah well that's what Martin Olsson is like. Big packs, big store.
Mom bought 6kg candy and a big whole wheat bread that weighed like 2kg or something...

So, at the end of the day, the kids in India have allot of candy, I have shoes and shirts, and mom have bread, but none of us have lunch.

This is all the candy we bought for the kids:

No comments:

Post a Comment